Eddie Money needs heart valve surgery but postponed the procedure until this week so that he could make his gigs on and around Memorial Day weekend. Money made his 28th consecutive Memorial Day Weekend appearance to kick off the DTE Energy Music Theatre’s 2019 summer concert season on Saturday, May 25th in Detroit. Money is expected to be back on the road in mid-June. On July 19th, Eddie Money will release “Brand New Day,” his first new album since 2007. Money, who’s now 70, was experiencing shortness of breath before doctors urged him to have the operation – which is similar to what Mick Jagger had last month. Money posted a message to fans via social media, filling them in on the situation. “Hey everyone – I will be undergoing a minor, minimally invasive heart valve surgery this week, explaining: I appreciate your thoughts and prayers. I look forward to getting back on stage and rockin’ with you all!”
- Michael Anthony Reveals More About Scrapped Van Halen Reunion
- Ozzy Osbourne to Destroy All Non-Rock Music in New 'Trolls' Movie
- The Best Song From Every Allman Brothers Band Album
- Universal Music Boss Promises 'Transparency' Over Masters Fire
- Watch 'Hey Jude' Become 'Hey Dude' in Beatles Movie 'Yesterday'
- Andrew Dice Clay Recalls Helping Guns N' Roses Reunion Along