Metallica and the San Francisco Giants held the seventh annual “Metallica Night” on Friday at Oracle Park in San Francisco as the Giants took the field against the New York Yankees. As in previous years, guitarists Kirk Hammett and James Hetfield performed the national anthem and drummer Lars Ulrich threw out the ceremonial first pitch. The band also announced the team lineups. Hetfield said about the yearly event, “We’re blessed to be doing this every year and being a part of the vibe here. You know, when times are good, when times are bad, they need the support.” The guitars used to perform the national anthem were autographed by the entire band and raffled off for charity, with the proceeds going to Metallica’s All Within My Hands Foundation.
- 'Woodstock' Movie to Be Shown in Theaters for One Night
- 35 Years Ago: 'The Last Starfigher' Empowers Teens to Save the Galaxy
- Queen + Adam Lambert Celebrate Brian May's Birthday at the Forum: Photo Gallery
- Manson Family Murder Home Listed for $1.98 Million
- Metallica Rep and Live Nation Conspired on Ticket Scheme
- Eagles Magazine Ads Through the Years: 1972-2015